The new food network.

The kids and I arrive home around 6pm on a regular workday. Max's new habit is to go to into the living room, use the stool to reach the remote control and turn on the TV to channel 29 - the Food Network. When he was younger (around Esme's age) I used to serve him dinner in his feeding chair while Rachel Ray was preparing a 30 minute meal. In fact, her name was among Max's first picture/word recognitions. Now Max tunes in for a few minutes each evening to tell me what Rachel Ray is cooking. He's also a big fan of Alton Brown (who happens to come on at bedtime and is better known here as Alton Brownie - not a coincidence I'm sure.)

Esme also seems to be picking up on Max's interest in food and cooking. Last night she headed straight to the bookshelf and removed all the cookbooks that she could reach. I think she was looking for a recipe for cassoulet...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Biota

October culture guide

22 Fishes (that we ate in Portugal)