School update.
Max often comes home from school with notes safety pinned to his shirt. A clever way to ensure the notes actually make it home. They are the usual things - updates on what they did this week, which parent is responsible for next week's snacks, could you please send in an empty cereal box to make an aquarium, etc...
This morning I got a phone call at work from Max's teacher. She immediately said "nothing's wrong" after introducing herself, so my initial panic abated into general wariness. She went on to say that she was just touching base with the parents and letting me know that Max was fitting in well, seemed to have no problem being out for a week's vacation and coming back, etc. What I really think she wanted to do was let me know that they have discovered that he can really read. Not just some words, but pretty much anything you give him. She mentioned that she had taken him up to the office with her this morning to show off his ability, (I'm sure Max was very proud of the attention) and that they'd be sure to encourage him and work with him seperately on his skills. I figure by next week he'll be teaching the class himself...
Max often comes home from school with notes safety pinned to his shirt. A clever way to ensure the notes actually make it home. They are the usual things - updates on what they did this week, which parent is responsible for next week's snacks, could you please send in an empty cereal box to make an aquarium, etc...
This morning I got a phone call at work from Max's teacher. She immediately said "nothing's wrong" after introducing herself, so my initial panic abated into general wariness. She went on to say that she was just touching base with the parents and letting me know that Max was fitting in well, seemed to have no problem being out for a week's vacation and coming back, etc. What I really think she wanted to do was let me know that they have discovered that he can really read. Not just some words, but pretty much anything you give him. She mentioned that she had taken him up to the office with her this morning to show off his ability, (I'm sure Max was very proud of the attention) and that they'd be sure to encourage him and work with him seperately on his skills. I figure by next week he'll be teaching the class himself...
Comments