Super Parents
I played the role of Super Mom this weekend, with some important help from Super Dad. On Saturday Max and I went to a Young People's Concert at Lincoln Center with a friend. We listened to and learned about Baroque Music, had hotdogs and pretzels from a street vendor before hand, and drinks and sweets from a bookstore cafe afterwards. In the meantime Dad and Esme cleaned out the boat for the season and washed the car. On Saturday evening we decorated our Christmas tree and made cookie dough. On Sunday morning I baked over 100 cut out cookies and that afternoon we were joined by 8 little girls for a cookie decorating party. The girls had eight colors of frosting and various sprinkles to decorate their cookies with, and also decorated boxes to store their cookies in to take home. Of course their interest in frosting cookies ran out before the cookies did so we have a couple of tins of undecorated cookies left to play with next weekend. Esme was an excellent hostess throughout. Sunday evening we had family dinner and early bed for everyone! I've hung up my cape for the week. It's back to take out and television.
Comments