Under the Sea
On Wednesday the second graders put on a performance called "Under the Sea." Each of the four classes had a theme - Tidal Pool, Kelp Forest, Deep Ocean, and Barrier Reef. During the past month they've been working on activities around their specific assignments (Max's was the Great Barrier Reef), including written reports, art projects, and costumes. The final performance included songs, interpretive dance, and the sharing of several many about the ocean and the animals that live in it. Here's Max back at the classroom in his Great Barrier Reef crown and one of his many items of artwork.
Esme was thrilled to be able to attend the play with me on Wednesday morning. Luckily for her she had a stomach bug on Tuesday night so was unable to go to school. She's fine - it passed very quickly. She made a point of telling some of my friends that "It's ok. I promise not to throw up on your kids!" I'm sure hearing that was a big relief!
Esme was thrilled to be able to attend the play with me on Wednesday morning. Luckily for her she had a stomach bug on Tuesday night so was unable to go to school. She's fine - it passed very quickly. She made a point of telling some of my friends that "It's ok. I promise not to throw up on your kids!" I'm sure hearing that was a big relief!

Comments