The right to vote

I shouldn't have been so nervous watching the returns last night. After all, the kids knew how to pick the winning side, and with all the political discussion in our home in recent months, both were favoring Obama.

Max's shool held it's own election on Monday and Max voted for the school winner, Obama. Esme's preschool held an election on Monday and Esme also voted for the winner, Potato Chips (which beat out Cookies by 18 votes!)

Yesterday morning our family went together to our local polling place to cast our votes. This was Esme's first Presidential election and Max's second. Esme went into the booth with me, and Max helped Peter pull the lever. While the kids were asleep long before the electoral counts were in, Peter and I went to bed more confident in our children's future than we had been feeling. I am so much prouder to be an American this morning than I was yesterday.


Comments

Karin said…
I totally agree!! May our children's future be brighter as the result of this man...Barack Obama. The country is finally headed in the right direction!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Biota

October culture guide

22 Fishes (that we ate in Portugal)