Generosity

Yesterday Max had a couple of school friends over to play. In an effort to keep Esme out of their way, I took her shopping.

She patiently allowed me to wander (unproductively) through the aisles of linens, and then we went looking for princess clothes. After opening most of the pink boxes in the shoe department first, we settled on a summer outfit of poka-dot top and pink skirt. When I handed her the top on a hanger she pointed at the rack and said "that one." I explained that it was the same shirt she was already holding and we were all set. "No," she argued. "This one is for Greta. That one is for Esme." So at some point when the weather gets warmer, you'll see a picture of the girls wearing the same outfit.

Comments

Rob said…
It's always easy to be generous with somebody else's money!

Looking forward to i"the reveal"...
Carey said…
It is so sweet to see that both girls think of each other...after her bath tonight, Greta asked for a bath towel with a bird on it, and also one for Esme, "since she likes birds, too." When I said I would look for some the next time we go shopping, she added, "and one for Max, mom. He needs one, too."

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Biota

October culture guide

22 Fishes (that we ate in Portugal)